Monday, October 8, 2012

Big Girl Dreams


Alabama, Alaska, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming.

So it may be a lame dream, but I want to go to all 50 states before I kick the bucket. This is one situation that being part of a military family comes in handy. This weekend we decided to take advantage of GB's long weekend and road trip to my 24th state Mississippi! We went to visit one of GB's friends and to see an SEC football game.

Oxford, MS is an adorable town with a cute square and a lot of history.

Hanging out in the square.

Max was being a silly little guy!

The history teacher in me got way too excited by the signs like this throughout the town.
It wouldn't be a trip into Oxford without venturing onto Ole Miss territory!


The next day was game day, but unfortunately this momma was not prepared enough. I checked the weather earlier in the week and it looked like a perfect day for football in the mid 70s, with it cooling down on Sunday, which would be fine because that was our drive home day. Well from now on I am going to check more than once, because it was freezing and rainy. I only had sandals. We had to run to Walmart to buy Max a pair of jeans, and he used a pair of GB's socks. Max and I didn't last until the game because we were both drenched and cold (how does it go from 85 on Friday to 50 pouring rain on Saturday). We really enjoyed the little bit of tailgating experience and were happy that GB still managed to watch the game (I was more than okay to cuddle into my sweatpants, watch Sweet Home Alabama, and have some girl time with our hostess).
Ready to cheer on the rebels!
Momma and her boy!
Taking in the game day experience!
Max was such a little trooper even in the rain! He loved people watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment