Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Getting creative


I make no secret about the fact that I was born without the creative gene. Like it never developed, ever. Luckily the men in my life make up for me. GB has had more free time this month than ever before since the Army has taken over his life. He has used it to his advantage by making getting his creative juices flowing. He has made us graves for our front yard, a new corn hole set, as well as an awesome Lego table for our little guys.

Lego table fun!

We decided to jump on the creative train and give painting a try again. When Max was littler, finger painting was a big time fail. He did not like his the feeling of the paint and you would think I was torturing him by having him do it. This time I decided to try a brush instead and that was a big time hit. He also did some spontaneous finger painting and he was much happier to do it this time. I made my own paint using the standard equal part flour and cold water plus a little food coloring. I did 2 cups of each and the only thing I would have done differently is make the paint a little thicker. I think when my helper did the stirring he stirred too much flour out of the bowl so the color wasn't the best, but we had a blast.  
What do you think? Next Picasso, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment