Sunday, November 6, 2011

Days 4, 5, and 6

November just keeps rolling right along! In many ways I want to stop time and enjoy this age with my active little man who has so much personality, I can't really believe that it all comes from someone so young. In other ways, I am loving how quickly the time is passing.


4 Nov 2011
I am thankful for Christmas. I am thankful for the birth of the Savior. I am thankful for my faith. I am thankful that it is a time to for my family to get together and to celebrate. I am thankful that I get to be home with my family this Christmas as I have to spend it without GB. I am thankful we are able to purchase presents for our son. I am thankful that shopping is a distraction and that I got to purchase my very first present of the season on this day. I cannot wait for the Christmas music to be blaring come the day after Thanksgiving.

5 Nov 2011
I am thankful for GB. I have expressed my thanks for him yet because I was trying to figure how to say how much he means to me. I am so thankful to have found my best friend, that I get to be married to him. I am thankful for how he makes me laugh. I am thankful for Skype. There have been so many mornings when I have woken up cranky and grouchy and a quick 10 minute chat with GB turns my whole day around. I am thankful that he challenges me. He is definitely not perfect (but neither am I), but he is so perfect for me. There are so many little things that remind me of him and his laugh. I cannot wait until we will be busting our dance moves and singing to ridiculous songs. I have a feeling that Max will be embarrassed by the two of us more than once in his life. I am so thankful that I decided to go to his fraternity that fateful August night, because my life would be so boring and so bare without him.

6 Nov 2011
I am thankful for the small moments in life. So often I am too busy or preoccupied to notice how the small things are momentous in their own way. On the days when I am doing this too much, my sweet little boy reminds me. For example, today Max woke up from a long nap very, very cranky. Everything I did made him more cranky. I finally warmed up some milk and gave him his sippy while we rocked. He calmed down and I loved the cuddling that is so rare these days. I am blessed.
The cranky wake up.

The Mommy/Max cuddle time!

I am thankful for every moment, big and small, that I get to be his Mommy.

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures are absolutely precious! I can't believe how big he is getting!<3

    ReplyDelete