Friday, November 11, 2011

Days 8, 9, and 10

Well I am already struggling to to write my thankfulness everyday, but I am going to at least account for everyday.

Day 8
I am so thankful for my sorority sisters. I was a little tentative about entering the Greek System, but it was the best decision I could have made. I met so many amazing women, both in my house and in others. They inspired me, they cried with me, we laughed, we were silly, we were family. Each one of them made me a better person in a different way. Even to this day, it never fails that when I am having a bad day, I will check my phone or my Facebook and I will have a message from a Theta sister that turns my day around. 

Day 9
I am thankful for Max's health. We recently learned that the "dry skin issues" that Max has always dealt with are exzema. Thanks Alaska doctors for figuring that out a year ago... oh wait... they didn't... So frustrating. But I guess I am getting off topic. Anyway, come to find out the horrible sores and skin irritation that Max that has gotten about 25% worse in the past few days is exzema. Coupled with his egg allergy, which is always on my mind, I sometimes get to feeling sorry for him. But everyone is dealt things they have to deal with in life, and the fact that my son cannot use soap or the fact that he cannot eat cookies at kindergarten Halloween party are not the worse things that we could be dealing with. So many little ones are sick and have much bigger issues so I am thankful for the fact that we have a healthy, happy, active 14 month old!

This was Max right before we left AK for the lower 48 this spring.  Now his entire body has started to look similar. My poor baby. At least we now know how to help him! Did I mention that I am thankful for my new doctor who actually listens and knows what he is talking about?
Day 10
I am thankful that I am living with my parents right now. One of the main reasons is the fact that every morning when I get up their is coffee made and waiting for me. Nothing helps start a day better! Oh and my parents are awesome and all that jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment